Intelligentsia Risk Advisors conducted a facility/locality threat and risk assessment from the prism of social, cultural, political and geopolitical factors that can have a security impact on our client operations in the immediate to short term. IRA provided a deep dive risk assessment of all the factors (at the local and the sub local levels) that can pose a security threat to the client’s facility, assets and employees.
IRA’s report has been divided into the below mentioned five segments:
- Holistic logistics related issues/amenities/shortcomings: Identifying the security threats and providing information to reach the first responder. Logistical issues typically cover transport facilities such as airports, railway stations, buses, cabs (public and private), internet connectivity, connectivity to critical and emergency facilities, road connectivity to major cities/towns/places of interest (as specified by the client). Added information about schools, colleges, and other recreational amenities was also provided to the client.
- Demographic and social underpinnings of area: IRA conducted a threat and risk assessment of the area to identify the dominant social issues of the area (women safety, religious affinities, resource related conflicts such as water shortages, land grabs etc, communal tensions, industry related resistance, etc).
- Local crime analysis: Assessment of local crime including gang wars, robbery, extortion, murders, rapes, abductions, protests etc. IRA conducted a threat assessment of whether and how the local crime manifests at the business level. IRA assessment included whether a certain company/sector/group of employees have been specifically targeted to promote the cause of local communities. In this section, also covered the incidents and occurrences of mob violence, sporadic violence, targeted violence against corporates etc.
- Political landscape analysis: Brief information capsule about the local level panchayats (if applicable) or the municipalities. This also covered the local policy issues that have the potential to manifest in the state or the national levels.
- Extraordinary risks: Includes sudden environmental factors (floods, droughts, earthquakes etc), pollution levels and its impact on general health, terrorist activities, etc)